Monday, August 8, 2011

We Pick Him up a Day Early

Surprise! We pick G up a day earlier than originally thought. From what was said originally we thought we were getting him this Friday. Got the real word today that instead we are picking him up at the hotel the orientation is in on Thursday morning. So much for that laid back approach I was taking. Even though there is one day difference, it makes a huge difference on getting everything done before I have to leave and get him.

I officially registered him at the school today as planned. That was quick and easy. I picked up the papers last week and filled them out over the weekend. I was in an out in a matter of minutes.

I have to wash the sheets and comforter on G's bed. We have had guests here the past couple of weeks. His room in our guest room when we don't have an exchange student in it. I also want to vacuum that room. I swear J may have been gone since January, but I am still finding pieces of paper and wrappers that he had left on the floor when he left. It amazes me how long his presence is felt long after he is gone. He also broke one of the shades in the bedroom that I just discovered. He was known to do things like that and not tell us. I want to get that fixed before G gets here. Other than the regular house cleaning I do, there isn't much other than that to get done.

G leaves Sao Paolo tonight at 11:30. He already messaged me numerous times with the list of things he is bringing. He wants to make sure he doesn't forget something that he needs. He has been packed since the weekend. He just keeps double checking himself. I would rather he do that than have him get here without something important. It does make it a little more exciting now that he will be here in a couple of days. I am looking forward to his arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment