Our hosting experience last year didn't end the way we had hoped. That being said I met and became friends with many wonderful host mom. We even started an unofficial club. This year we are hosting with a different organization than we did last year. Even though our previous organization has a great reputation, and they were many people who were good to us there were some reasons that required a change. We look forward to to working with the new organization and have enjoyed working with them.
We learned a lot from our last hosting experience. We have realized some mistakes that we have made. I do think that I can be resource to people others since we went through so much last year. That being said, we do realize that every experience is different. One kid is not like another. That is why we decided to do this again. We are just going into this experience much wiser.
We have talked to G. He just turned 17. He is the oldest in his family. His sister is much younger than he is. He loves music and sports, so he will fit right in this family. What is interesting this time around is that Brazilians follow many of the US sports. WE had to teach J last year about baseball and American football. G follows those sports. I will have to get over the fact he is somehow a Patriots fan, but we won't throw him out over that. He will be a junior here, but is actually doing his senior year here. This year does count for him, and he will receive his diploma in Brazil once he returns. G plays the guitar. He asked us if he could bring it with him. We told him that he could. We are looking for him to arrive next Friday. I am also looking forward to sharing our journey with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment